“This year will be different,” says the now overweight and unenthused. These promise-making delinquents welcome the New Year like an open bar (who wouldn’t?) and deem “2013, dammit,” will be the best of the best. But alas, whispers the tempting devil hanging over the left shoulder, a little glutton never hurt anyone before we enter this alleged year of promise…
So before the ball drops, make sure you’re prepared to party at any one of these Indianapolis New Year’s Eve spots:
- Entering its eighth year, the New Year’s Eve Rock ‘N’ Roll Ball at the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis will offer not one, but three music stages, huge dance floors, DJs, and (say what?!) a fantasy casino. From the looks of it, all of this year’s musical acts are high-paced and eclectic, but I highly suggest you make your way to the Cosmopolitan for DJ Helicon, my musical crush. Just don’t tell his girlfriend. General admission will run you $40 and VIP party packages that include balcony section seating, appetizer buffet and admission will cost you a cool $65. For tickets and additional information on hotel packages, contact Big Creek Events or the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis.
- Party at the rooftop event space of the Regions Bank Tower at the CIROC the New Year Celebration, featuring a breathtaking 360-degree view of the Circle City. This event will feature DJ gNO, Lockstar and two of my personal favorites, Indiana Jones and Gabby Love, for your dancing pleasure. Tickets are $125 and include top shelf bar service, hor d’oeuvres, champagne toast and party favors. For more information on this Indianapolis New Year’s event, visit http://cirocthenewyear.eventfast.com/.
- Broad Ripple’s popular music venue, the Vogue, will host an all-white New Year’s Eve party to ring in 2013. In addition to a cash balloon drop, champagne toast, and one of the more affordable ticket prices (just $25.00), they are also offering a special room rate at the Marriott Town Place Suites near Keystone at the Crossing. Visit The Vogue’s New Year’s Eve event page for more.
- Average Joes New Year’s Eve celebration is one of my personal favorites. I checked it out last year (see below) and wasn’t disappointed with the unlimited premium drinks and appetizer bar, all for only $65. If you’re planning to stick around the Broad Ripple area, AJs gets my vote.
- Hosted by everyone’s favorite weatherman, Paul Poteet and Big Ben & Tolin from DoItIndy this year’s Stella Artois New Year’s Eve Masquerade Ball is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Live music will be pulsing throughout Crowne Plaza’s Union Station by the always-entertaining cover band My Yellow Rickshaw and entertainers Dan Alexander (caricaturist) and Cr Ryan (magician) will also be on-hand. Don’t forget to dress accordingly… the best costume will be awarded $500! Downtown for NYE ’13? This party would be my pick! For a night of fun outside of the normal bar scene, visit www.indynewyears.com.
Where do you plan on ringing in 2013? Whether it’s at one of these Indianapolis hot spots or in the comfort of your home with friends and family, the DoItIndy crew wishes you a happy and healthy New Year!